Chapter 7 Process
Cases are opened and closed in about 3 1/2 months
Most of our Chapter 7 clients will see a discharge order signed by the judge in 3 1/2 months after we file their case. If each critical step is managed correctly, your case will not be slowed down or dismissed.
We will take you through the process step by step, preparing you for the hearing and making sure all documents are filed and directives are met to ensure your case makes it to discharge. The process includes these significant steps:
Prepare to File
- You meet with the attorney for a free consultation.
- We help you complete the Client Intake Form and provide us with necessary documents the court will need.
- You take the Prefiling Credit Counseling course.
- We help slow down the annoying creditor calls.
- We author the 50 to 60 page petition. We can usually complete the petition in just a few days or even 24 hours.
- You meet with the attorney to sign your bankruptcy petition and plan the filing date.
After Filing the Case
- We make sure all creditors receive notice of your case and your attorney will deal with creditors who had threatened foreclosure, garnishment, repossession, eviction, etc.
- We prepare you for the 341 Hearing with the trustee.
- We provide the trustee with all necessary documents to prepare for the hearing.
- You attend the hearing with your attorney which is scheduled by the court and takes place approximately 5 weeks after the filing date.
- You take the Postfiling Personal Financial Management Course and we file it to your case.
After the 341 Hearing
- Your attorney will coordinate with the trustee after the hearing to meet all directives.
- We coordinate with your secured and priority creditors regarding reaffirmations, surrender and payment agreements.
- We provide you with guidance for post-bankruptcy credit rehabilitation.
- We provide you with a copy of the Order of Discharge for your future records.
A Chapter 7 case requires great attention to detail. We will help you through the process and make sure your debts are discharged and your case is closed without any issues.
FROM OUR CLIENTS
David helped my brother resolve a case that was dragging on and on with a public defender within 10 days of me reaching out to him (and got a much better deal for my brother). Worth the money and is very nice to work with!
Mr. Moorhead is professional and intelligent. He is extremely good at navigating the legal system. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of legal services.
David Moorhead was a miracle worker. We hired him to finish a case that kept going on and on for years by an overworked public defender. He got it done in days. Not only did he get it done in days, he went beyond what we hired him to do and got a way better agreement than we anticipated. I can’t recommend him enough.